Microsoft Teams Integration
Customers who use Microsoft Teams may add the PerformYard integration from the Microsoft AppSource so users can receive their daily notifications without leaving Teams and publish all Recognition from PerformYard to your preferred channel(s). Please contact your Customer Success Manager to ensure the Microsoft Teams integration is available in your account.
Note: For accounts to sync between Teams and PerformYard, the email addresses associated with each user need to be the same in both systems. Further, the user setting up the Teams integration must be an administrator in both Teams and PerformYard.
After, you'll be redirected back to PerformYard where the Feedback and Notifications tabs will now be available.
- Set the integration for that team to be Active or Inactive
- Choose which channel(s) in which to post Company Feedback.
- Once you have selected your appropriate Teams and Channels, any recognition given in PerformYard will appear in that channel in Teams. Names and content will be hyperlinks that will return you to PerformYard from Teams.
- Uninstalling a Team must be done in Microsoft Teams by visiting the Apps tab on the Manage team page.
- On the list of available Teams in PerformYard, a refresh button is provided above the list of teams if you have uninstalled in Teams. The refresh will check the installation status in Teams and update accordingly.
- You can reset the installation on a specific team if needed should PerformYard and Teams seem out of sync.
The notifications integration allows users the option to receive their PerformYard daily notifications directly in MS Teams. To set up, navigate to the Notifications tab and follow the steps below.
Note: There are a few requirements to ensure a user receives their notifications.
- The user has Microsoft Teams enabled in their Notification Settings
- The PerformYard App is installed for the user
Enabling Microsoft Teams Notifications
To ensure that your users are set up to receive MS Teams notifications, you can select Microsoft Teams notifications as a default option at Administration > Notifications. This will ensure that as new users are added to PerformYard, they'll have this option enabled by default.
One can also enable or disable MS Teams notifications for themselves within their Settings.
Then, enable Microsoft Teams.
Note: The Microsoft Teams notification toggles will only be visible after authorizing the Notifications integration.
Installing the PerformYard App for a user
Although one could add the PerformYard app for themselves in MS Teams to start receiving their notifications, it's not required. PerformYard provides two options for installing the PerformYard app for users. To get started, navigate to the Notifications tab at Administration > Microsoft Teams Setup.
On this page, you can set up an automatic sync, trigger a manual sync, and view the number of users with the PerformYard app installed. Note, the following requirements must be met for PerformYard to attempt and install for a user.
- The email address is the same in MS Teams and PerformYard
- The user has already signed in to PerformYard
To confirm what users have signed in, navigate to Administration > Employees and view the Signed In column.
This feature allows PerformYard to periodically install the MS Teams App for users. This sync will run once every 24 hours and will try to install the bot for any new users who don't have the bot installed already. To enable this feature, select on.
Clicking the Sync Users button will attempt to install the PerformYard App soon after.