UKG Pro Integration
If you are a UKG Pro customer on a PerformYard Enterprise account, you can set up the PerformYard-UKG Pro integration to automatically pull data from UKG Pro into PerformYard. You must be an Admin in PerformYard and UKG Pro to set up this integration.
You can learn more here if you are not a UKG customer or want more info about the PerformYard-UKG Pro integration. If you are a UKG Pro customer already, please confirm that the integration is available in your PerformYard account with your Customer Success Manager.
To get started, navigate to the HRIS Integrations link in the Administration section of PerformYard and review the instructions.
Prerequisite: Create a Service Account in UKG Pro
You will need to first establish PerformYard in the Service Account Administration section of UKG. This page will provide you with your Customer API Key and the ability to add a new Service Account. You will need to provide a User Name and Email address in UKG, and you will also need to allow UKG to generate a password for you. You will need your API Key, User Name, and Password to initiate the integration in PerformYard.
When setting up the Service Account for use with PerformYard, please provide View access to the following UKG Pro Web Services:
- Employee Compensation
- Company Configuration Integration
- Personnel Integration
- Employee Person Details
- Employee Compensation Details
Enter your UKG Pro Service Account Credentials in PerformYard
Note: The Web Service Base URL for your UKG Pro account can vary, so please refer to UKG Pro documentation and to your UKG Pro service account details to find your Web Service Base URL. Contact your UKG Pro system administrator if you are unsure where to find this information.
The next step for connecting PerformYard and UKG is to confirm the data fields you want to sync. First Name and Last Name are required; other fields are not. If you choose to sync any other fields, note that those fields will be overwritten by data in UKG Pro for existing PerformYard accounts and newly created PerformYard accounts. You will no longer be able to edit these data fields within PerformYard, and UKG Pro will be the source of record for this data. Note that mapping certain fields from UKG Pro to PerformYard requires the data field types to correspond (e.g., date field to date field or numeric field to numeric field).
Please note that while the email address will be used to match users between UKG Pro and PerformYard and create new users, updates to email addresses in UKG Pro will not update the address in PerformYard. The address in PerformYard is also the user's login and must be changed individually.
After finalizing your data fields, you will begin reviewing existing employees in UKG Pro and determining what to do with those people in PerformYard. By default, this step will only include active employees in UKG Pro.
If you have already created accounts for staff in PerformYard, we will attempt to match those users to their UKG Pro account based on their email address (Deb Greene example below). If no email address is found, the initial prompt is to create a PerformYard account for that person or enter an email address to create an account (Sam White example below).
Click Remove if you do not want to match Deb Greene in UKG Pro with Deb Greene in PerformYard. Likewise, if you do not want to create a new account for a user in PerformYard, click the X in the Create New column (as was done for Nancy Shawsburg in the example above). You can also search for an existing PerformYard user by typing that user's name into the text box in the Selected column. After matching all users or creating new ones, click Next to move to another list of users. Any user not matched or created will be automatically set to Ignore. After reviewing all employees, you'll return to the Integrations page.
This page will show any UKG Pro employee that has not been matched with a PerformYard account. From this point forward, newly added people to UKG Pro will appear in this list for action.
You will have three options for these employees:
- In the selected column, search for an existing PerformYard user to whom you want to match this UKG Pro employee (if they have a PerformYard account but didn't auto-match).
- Create new, which will prompt to create a new, linked PerformYard account with that email address.
- Ignore where you can park UKG Pro employees for whom you do not want a PerformYard account.
For any selected/matched user, you can also click the blue View button to open that employee's profile in a new window. There are also options to choose "Create New" and "Ignore" for all users listed. Note that any employee listed terminated/deactivated in either system will have that status shown.
Above the employee list, you'll have options to search for employees and filter the list. The filter options appear below. If no employees match the filters, you will receive a message describing that fact.
- The default filter set is for UKG Pro employees to connect/add to PerformYard. These are newly added folks to UKG Pro or those that were not matched/added, so you can easily create PerformYard accounts for these employees by selecting the Create New box. You can also choose to ignore any of these employees.
- The Currently connected UKG Pro employees filter will show all UKG Pro employees that have been matched. You can delink any users on this page if necessary. Typically no action will be required here.
- Connected UKG Pro employees terminated in UKG Pro and active in PerformYard. These will be those employees that have been terminated in UKG Pro, where you'll need to deactivate them in PerformYard. Click the View button to open their PerformYard profile, where you can edit/deactivate.
- Connected UKG Pro employees terminated in UKG Pro and deactivated in PerformYard. This list will show you those folks terminated in UKG Pro and deactivated in PerformYard. This list is typically for reference as no action is usually required.
- UKG Pro employees previously set to Ignore will identify anyone you Ignored as one of the options above should you want to provide a PerformYard account in the future (or link to a PerformYard account).
Editing Employee Data from UKG Pro
As mentioned, when a user is connected with UKG Pro, their information will not be editable in PerformYard. UKG Pro is the "source of truth" for these data fields, and they should be updated in UKG Pro. The below screenshot demonstrates how those data fields will appear when attempting to edit that user.