Groups in PerformYard are collections of employees with common organizational characteristics. Groups are used as shortcuts to executing processes for multiple, similar people:
- To assign review cycles to a common group
- To assign the same goal to multiple people
- To assign a workflow to a common group
To manage groups, navigate to the Groups link within the Administration menu.
To create a new group, click Add Group and provide a name for your new group.
To administer any existing group, click on the group name to access the group's roster, group administrators and other options.
Here you can:
- Edit the group name, by clicking the pencil icon to the right of the group name
- Add employees to the group, by clicking Add Employees and selecting those folks to put into the group (note: this may result in removing a user from another group)
- Remove a user from the group by clicking the X to the right of the employee's title
On the left-hand side, you can toggle to the list of Group Administrators, where adding and removing group administrators works the same as it does with group members. However, an employee can be assigned as an administrator for any group (as many as you want) and does not need to be a group member (in fact, that's often not the case).
You can also manage permissions for the Group Administrators. By default, Group Administrators can access all reviews and launch ad hoc reviews or review cycles of those group members. There is a permission to allow Group Administrators access to group member goals. The Group Administrator would have the same abilities as a full Administrator with goals (can update, edit, share, assign, reassign, delete group member goals) except limited to only the goals of the group members.
There are also options to return to the groups list and delete the group on the left.