Creating your goals
Goals allow employees and managers to track progress to professional objectives over time. On the goals page, each employee has a green Create Goal button at the top to create the goal. Follow the prompts to create a goal and explore the advanced options if needed.
Items to include when creating a goal include:
- Goal name - the title of your goal.
- Target and units – the means by which you will measure progress. This defaults to 100%, but can be changed to match the specific goal.
- Start date – the date when your goal begins, defaulted to the day of creation.
- Due date – the date when the goal is expected to be completed.
- Goal description – the details of the specific goal.
- Goal category – the associated tags for your goal based on those categories created within your organization.
- Goal assignment – the person to which you are assigning this goal. This defaults to the employee to create a single goal.
- Note: A manager, admin or group administrator (with proper permission) can assign goals to others in a singular or bulk fashion.
- For a single goal, use the drop down to select that person from the list of available users.
- To assign the goal to multiple people, select the blue link where you can then choose from the variety of people for whom you have that permission.
There are also a few advanced options available by clicking the Show Advanced Options button:
- Transparency level – choose between Public (where your goal can be linked to or from others via the goal alignment) or Private (where the goal is only accessible to the employee, their manager and administrators); Public goals
- Goal alignment – select another goal within the organization that this goal supports. You can search goals based on Title, Assignee or Categories. This can only be done for Public goals. Private goals will have this option hidden.
- Checklist - add items to be included in the goal checklist upon creation of the goal.
Click the Create Goal button to create the new goal. Once the goal is created, a box will appear in the lower left that provides a link to that goal (or a link to a list of goals created if you had created the same goal for multiple people). The page will also refresh to be blank where you can create another goal. To return to your goal list, click the Goals link in the navigation bar at the top.