If you are a BambooHR customer on a PerformYard Enterprise account, you can set up the PerformYard-BambooHR integration to automatically pull data from Bamboo into PerformYard. You must be an Admin in PerformYard and BambooHR to set up this integration. Also, your BambooHR account must be on the Advantage plan.
You can learn more here if you are not a BambooHR customer or want more info about the PerformYard-BambooHR integration. If you are a BambooHR customer already, please confirm that the integration is available in your account with your Customer Success Manager.
To get started, navigate to the HRIS Integrations link in the Administration section of PerformYard where you can enter your Bamboo Subdomain.
Your BambooHR subdomain is based on your login URL. If your login URL is https://yourcompanyname.bamboohr.com, the subdomain is yourcompanyname (case sensitive). After clicking Connect you will be prompted to log into your BambooHR account.
The initial step for connecting PerformYard and BambooHR is to confirm the data fields you want to sync. First Name, Nickname, and Last Name are required; other fields are optional. If you choose to sync any other fields, note that those fields will be overwritten by data in BambooHR for existing PerformYard accounts that you link and for newly created PerformYard accounts. You will no longer be able to edit these data fields within PerformYard, and they will be kept up to date based on data updates in BambooHR. Note that mapping certain fields from BambooHR to PerformYard requires the data field types to correspond (e.g., date field to date field or numeric field to numeric field).
Please also note that the email address is going to be used to match users between BambooHR and PerformYard as well as create new users. Updates to email addresses in BambooHR will not update the address in PerformYard as the address in PerformYard is also the user's login and must be changed individually. The default fields available to sync are shown in the image below.
Additional fields which are available to sync should include, but aren't limited to the following.
|Address Line 1
|Address Line 2
|EEO Job Category
|Eligible For Re-hire
|Employee Education: End Date
|Employee Education: Start Date
|Employment Status: ACA Full-Time
|Employment Status: Date
|Employment status comments
|Hours Per Pay Cycle
|Original Hire Date
After finalizing your data fields, you will begin the process of reviewing existing, active employees in BambooHR and determining what to do with those people in PerformYard. By default, this step will only include active employees in BambooHR.
If you have already created accounts for staff in PerformYard, we will attempt to match those users to their BambooHR accounts based on their email addresses (Shannon Anderson example below). If no email address is found, the initial prompt is to create a PerformYard account for that person (Char Abbott example below).
Click Remove if you do not want to match Shannon Anderson in BambooHR with Shannon Anderson in PerformYard. Likewise, if you do not want to create a new account for Char Abbott, click the X in the Create New column. You can also search for an existing PerformYard user by typing that user's name into the text box in the Selected column. After matching all users or creating new ones, click Next to move to another list of users. Any user not matched or created will be automatically set to Ignore. After you have reviewed all employees, you'll return to the Integrations page.
This page will show any BambooHR employee that has not been matched with a PerformYard account. Going forward, newly added people to BambooHR will appear in this list for action.
You will have three options for these employees:
- In the selected column, search for an existing PerformYard user to whom you want to match this BambooHR employee.
- Create New, which will prompt you to create a new, linked PerformYard account with that email address.
- Ignore, where you can park BambooHR employees for whom you do not want a PerformYard account.
For any selected/matched user, you can also click the blue View button to open that employee's profile in a new window. There are also options to select Create New and Ignore for all users listed. Note that any employee listed that has been terminated/deactivated in either system will have that status shown.
Above the employee list, you'll have options to search for employees and filter the list. The filter options appear below. If no employees match the filters, you will receive a message describing that fact.
- The default filter set is for BambooHR employees to connect/add to PerformYard. These are newly added folks to BambooHR or those that were not matched/added, so you can easily create PerformYard accounts for these employees by selecting the Create New box. You can also choose to ignore any of these employees.
- Currently connected BambooHR employees will show all BambooHR employees that have been matched. You can delink any users here if necessary. Typically no action will be required here.
- Connected BambooHR employees terminated in BambooHR and active in PerformYard. This will be those employees that have been terminated in BambooHR where you'll need to deactivate them in PerformYard. Click the View button to open their PerformYard profile where you can edit/deactivate.
- Connected BambooHR employees terminated in BambooHR and deactivated in PerformYard. This list will show you those folks terminated in BambooHR and deactivated in PerformYard. This list is typically for reference as no action is usually required.
- BambooHR employees previously set to Ignore will identify anyone you Ignored as one of the options above should you want to provide a PerformYard account in the future (or link to a PerformYard account).
Editing Employee Data from BambooHR
As mentioned, when a user is connected with BambooHR, you will not be able to edit their information in PerformYard. BambooHR is the "source of truth" for these data fields, and they should be updated in BambooHR. The below screenshot demonstrates how those data fields will appear when attempting to edit that user.