If you are an ADP Workforce Now or Vantage customer on a PerformYard Enterprise account, you can set up the PerformYard-ADP integration to automatically pull data from ADP into PerformYard. You must be an Admin in both PerformYard and ADP to set up this integration.
If you are not an ADP customer or want more info about the PerformYard-ADP integration, you can learn more here. If you are an ADP customer already, please confirm with your Customer Success Manager that the integration is available in your account.
To get started, navigate to the HRIS Integrations link in the Administration section of PerformYard and review the instructions.
Copy your customer-specific ADP token to your clipboard and then click Connect to ADP. You will be redirected to ADP to complete the process of purchasing and authorizing PerformYard from ADP's perspective. There will be a number of prompts to follow, including a place where you will enter the token you previously copied. This integration may be listed as Free or Free Trial in ADP, and will be a no-cost, zero dollar purchase for your organization.
After completing the purchase, click on PerformYard from the MyApps section to complete the process of consenting to allowing ADP to transfer information to PerformYard. Failure to follow these steps and consent will result in an inability to use the integration. After completing all steps in ADP, return to PerformYard. Please refresh the integration page if required.
The initial step for connecting PerformYard and ADP is to confirm the data fields you want to sync. First Name, Nickname and Last Name are required; other fields are not. If you choose to sync any other fields, note that those fields will be overwritten by data in ADP for existing PerformYard accounts and newly created PerformYard accounts. You will no longer be able to edit these data fields within PerformYard and ADP will be the source of record for this data.
Please note that while email address is going to be used to match users between ADP and PerformYard, as well as create new users, updates to email addresses in ADP will not update the address in PerformYard. The address in PerformYard is also the user's login and must be changed individually.
After finalizing your data fields, you will begin the process of reviewing existing employees in ADP and determining what to do with those people in PerformYard. By default, this step will only include employees that are Active in ADP; however, the ADP integration does bring over all deactivated staff, so you will need to choose to ignore those users in a subsequent step.
If you have already created accounts for staff in PerformYard, we will attempt to match those users to their ADP account based on their email address (Charlotte Abbott example below). If no email address is found, the initial prompt is to create a PerformYard account for that person or you can enter an email address to create an account (Madison Baker example below).
If you do not want to match Charlotte Abbott in ADP with Charlotte Abbott in PerformYard, click Remove. Likewise, if you do not want to create a new account for Madison Baker, click the red X in the Create New column. You can also search for an existing PerformYard user by typing that user's name into the text box in the Selected column. After matching all users or creating new, click Next to move to another list of users. Any user not matched or created will be automatically set to Ignore. After you have reviewed all employees, you'll return to the Integrations page.
This page will show any ADP employee that has not been matched with a PerformYard account. Going forward, newly added people to ADP will appear in this list for action.
You will have three options for these employees:
- In the selected column, search for an existing PerformYard user to whom you want to match this ADP employee (if they have a PerformYard account but didn't auto match).
- Create new, which will prompt to create a new, linked PerformYard account with that email address.
- Ignore, where you can park ADP employees for whom you do not want a PerformYard account.
For any selected/matched user, you can also click the blue View button to open that employee's profile in a new window. There are also options to select "Create New" and "Ignore" for all users listed. Note that any employee listed that has been terminated/deactivated in either system will have that status shown.
Above the employee list, you'll have options to search for employees and filter the list. The filter options appear below. If no employees match the filters, you will receive a message describing that fact.
- The default filter set is for ADP employees to connect/add to PerformYard. These are newly added folks to ADP or those that were not matched/added, so you can easily create PerformYard accounts for these employees by selecting the Create New box. You can also choose to ignore any of these employees.
- Currently connected ADP employees will show all ADP employees that have been matched. You can delink any users here if necessary. Typically no action will be required here.
- Connected ADP employees terminated in ADP and active in PerformYard. This will be those employees that have been terminated in ADP where you'll need to deactivate them in PerformYard. Click the View button to open their PerformYard profile where you can edit/deactivate.
- Connected ADP employees terminated in ADP and deactivated in PerformYard. This list will show you those folks terminated in ADP and deactivated in PerformYard. This list is typically for reference as no action is usually required.
- ADP employees previously set to Ignore will identify anyone you Ignored as one of the options above should you want to provide a PerformYard account in the future (or link to a PerformYard account).
As mentioned, when a user is connected with ADP, you will not be able to edit their information in PerformYard. The below screenshot demonstrates how those data fields will appear when attempting to edit that user.