If you are a Netchex customer on a PerformYard Enterprise account, you can set up the PerformYard-Netchex integration to easily pull data from Netchex into PerformYard. You must be an Admin in both PerformYard and Netchex to set up this integration.
If you are not a Netchex customer, you can learn more about Netchex here. If you are a Netchex customer already, please confirm with your Customer Success Manager that the integration is available in your account. PerformYard will require your company code(s) from Netchex; Netchex will also need to enable access for PerformYard to your account.
To get started, navigate to the HRIS Integrations link in the Administration section of PerformYard where you review the necessary instructions.
After clicking Connect you may be prompted to log into your Netchex account.
The initial step for connecting PerformYard and Netchex is to confirm the data fields you want to sync. First Name, Nickname and Last Name are required; other fields are not. If you choose to sync any other fields, note that those fields will be overwritten by data in Netchex for existing PerformYard accounts that you link and for newly created PerformYard accounts. You will no longer be able to edit these data fields within PerformYard, and they will be kept up to date based on data updates in Netchex.
Please note that while email address is going to be used to match users between Netchex and PerformYard, as well as create new users, updates to email addresses in Netchex will not update the address in PerformYard as the address in PerformYard is also the user's login and must be changed individually.
After finalizing your data fields, you will begin the process of reviewing existing, active employees in Netchex and determining what to do with those people in PerformYard.
If you have already created accounts for staff in PerformYard, we will attempt to match those users to their Netchex account based on their email address (Cynthia King example below). If no email address is found, the initial prompt is to create a PerformYard account for that person (Timothy Jackson example below). Note that all employees coming from Netchex will have the company code associated with their account appended for reference such that you know which company they are from, if you have more than one company code associated with your Netchex account. In Netchex, different company codes are typically based on separate EINs, though these can be managed in a single PerformYard account.
If you do not want to match Cynthia King in Netchex with Cynthia King in PerformYard, click Remove. Likewise, if you do not want to create a new account for Timothy Jackson, click the X in the Create New column. You can also search for an existing PerformYard user by typing that user's name into the text box in the Selected column. After matching all users or creating new, click Next to move to another list of users. Any user not matched or created will be automatically set to Ignore. After you have reviewed all employees, you'll return to the Integrations page.
This page will show any Netchex employee that has not been matched with a PerformYard account. Going forward, newly added people to Netchex will appear in this list for action.
You will have three options for these employees:
- In the selected column, search for an existing PerformYard user to whom you want to match this Netchex employee.
- Create new, which will prompt to create a new, linked PerformYard account with that email address.
- Ignore, where you can park Netchex employees for whom you do not want a PerformYard account.
For any selected/matched user, you can also click the blue View button to open that employee's profile in a new window. There are also options to select "Create New" and "Ignore" for all users listed. Note that any employee listed that has been terminated/deactivated in either system will have that status shown.
Above the employee list, you'll have options to search for employees and filter the list. The filter options appear below. If no employees match the filters, you will receive a message describing that fact.
- The default filter set is for Netchex employees to connect/add to PerformYard. These are newly added folks to Netchex or those that were not matched/added, so you can easily create PerformYard accounts for these employees by selecting the Create New box. You can also choose to ignore any of these employees.
- Currently connected Netchex employees will show all Netchex employees that have been matched. You can delink any users here if necessary. Typically no action will be required here.
- Connected Netchex employees terminated in Netchex and active in PerformYard. This will be those employees that have been terminated in Netchex where you'll need to deactivate them in PerformYard. Click the View button to open their PerformYard profile where you can edit/deactivate.
- Connected Netchex employees terminated in Netchex and deactivated in PerformYard. This list will show you those folks terminated in Netchex and deactivated in PerformYard. This list is typically for reference as no action is usually required.
- Netchex employees previously set to Ignore will identify anyone you Ignored as one of the options above should you want to provide a PerformYard account in the future (or link to a PerformYard account).
As mentioned, when a user is connected with Netchex, you will not be able to edit their information in PerformYard. The below screenshot demonstrates how those data fields will appear when attempting to edit that user.
Please note that for employees to be able to single sign on (SSO) from Netchex into PerformYard, their account needs to have been linked.