If you are a BambooHR customer on a PerformYard Enterprise account, you can set up the PerformYard-BambooHR integration to easily pull data from Bamboo into PerformYard. You must be an Admin in both PerformYard and BambooHR to set up this integration.
If you are not a BambooHR customer, you can learn more about BambooHR here. If you are a BambooHR customer already, please confirm with your Customer Success Manager that the integration is available in your account.
To get started, navigate to the HRIS Integrations link in the Administration section of PerformYard where you can enter your BambooHR subdomain.
Your BambooHR subdomain is based on your login URL. If your login URL is https://yourcompanyname.bamboohr.com, the subdomain is "yourcompanyname" (case sensitive). After clicking Connect you will be prompted to log into your BambooHR account.
The initial step for connecting PerformYard and BambooHR is to confirm the data fields you want to sync. First Name, Nickname and Last Name are required; other fields are not. If you choose to sync any other fields, note that those fields will be overwritten by data in BambooHR for existing PerformYard accounts that you link and for newly created PerformYard accounts. You will no longer be able to edit these data fields within PerformYard, and they will be kept up to date based on data updates in BambooHR.
Please note that while email address is going to be used to match users between BambooHR and PerformYard, as well as create new users, updates to email addresses in BambooHR will not update the address in PerformYard as the address in PerformYard is also the user's login and must be changed individually.
After finalizing your data fields, you will begin the process of reviewing existing, active employees in BambooHR and determining what to do with those people in PerformYard.
If you have already created accounts for staff in PerformYard, we will attempt to match those users to their BambooHR account based on their email address (Shannon Anderson example below). If no email address is found, the initial prompt is to create a PerformYard account for that person (Char Abbott example below).
If you do not want to match Shannon Anderson in BambooHR with Shannon Anderson in PerformYard, click Remove. Likewise, if you do not want to create a new account for Char Abbott, click the red X in the Create New column. You can also search for an existing PerformYard user by typing that user's name into the text box in the Selected column. After matching all users or creating new, click Next to move to another list of users. After you have reviewed all employees, you'll return to the Integrations page.
This page will show any BambooHR employee that has not been matched with a PerformYard account. Going forward, newly added people to BambooHR will appear in this list for action.
You will have three options for these employees:
- In the selected column, search for an existing PerformYard user to whom you want to match this BambooHR employee.
- Create new, which will prompt to create a new, linked PerformYard account with that email address.
- Ignore, where you can park BambooHR employees for whom you do not want a PerformYard account.
Above the employee list, you'll have options to search for employees and filter the list. The filter options appear below:
- The default filter set is for BambooHR employees to connect/add to PerformYard. These are newly added folks to BambooHR or those that were not matched/added.
- Currently connected BambooHR employees will show all BambooHR employees that have been matched. You can delink any users here if necessary.
- BambooHR employees terminated in BambooHR will list any terminations so that you can also deactivate them in PerformYard. As with all terminations/deactivations in PerformYard, we recommend you review any open items for this user (e.g. review forms, goals) and determine any action necessary before deactivating them.
- BambooHR employees previously set to Ignore will identify anyone you Ignored as one of the options above should you want to provide a PerformYard account in the future (or link to a PerformYard account).
As mentioned, when a user is connected with BambooHR, you will not be able to edit their information in PerformYard. The below screenshot demonstrates how those data fields will appear when attempting to edit that user.