As PerformYard is continually updated, we provide a chronological log that identifies software updates and fixes that we have made. This list is updated over time, and our most recent update date is in the title of this solution article.
September 12, 2017
- Updated link name for all goals in Company Info for administrators from "Goals" to "List."
- Modified create/edit goal interface and goal details to hide "alignment" when goals are selected as private (and therefore cannot be aligned).
- Eliminated the option to align a goal to another goal that has been archived or completed.
- Updated permissions to allow administrators to delete activity stream comments on a goal.
- Added an indicator on a review template if a form included in the template is no longer active/has been deleted.
- Modified terminology for creating a review cycle to better indicate Group Admin access.
- Fixed a bug in a saved review form that included a numeric calculation where a sum or average of zero may have displayed as not calculated.
- Hid various "options" menus in Company Info – Resources or Company Documents from users that do not have permissions to edit/add documents.
- Fixed a bug in the weekly digest notification where users may have been prompted to complete a to-do in a workflow that has not yet started.
- Updated workflow launch user picker to sort in alphabetical order.
- Fixed an issue where the name of a review may be visible to a user even if no forms within the review are visible to them.
August 28, 2017
- Released a SAML (Security Assertion Markup Language) 2.0-based integration to support single sign on capabilities. SSO using SAML 2.0 is enabled on a customer by customer basis; PerformYard has also recently been approved in the Okta Application Network for single sign on should your organization use Okta.
- Released Single Sign On for Office365 customers; this integration works like our existing Google sign on integration where users will be able to log into PerformYard using their Office365 credentials.
- Released navigation fixes for goal creation and updated the population of a subject when creating goals in succession.
- Updated workflow launch to only be allowed via the Company Info-Workflows page.
- Fixed an issue where completed workflows may not initially display with the proper percent completion status in the administration view.
- Fixed an issue where creating a new review question may have overwritten an existing question in the event that the existing question was viewed but not re-saved.
August 4, 2017
- Updated the process for CSV downloads related to review cycles, goals and some reports to ensure prompt downloading for large files.
July 11, 2017
- Introduced enhanced privacy for forms not visible to the subject when the subject is an administrator; note that another administrator or an administrator's manager still has access to manage the review, but the permissions of an administrator relative to their own review have been modified.
- Modified the visible options on a review form for authors to display a separate button for Save for Later rather than only making that visible underneath the Options menu.
June 5, 2017
- Released a new "review lock" feature that only allows administrators (and not managers) to edit a review - specifically limiting to administrators any form additions/deletions or changes to authors/signers/due dates/visibility.
- Enhanced error handling for authors saving/submitting review forms to better identify where answers fail data validation (e.g. a numeric answer outside of set min/max), highlighting all questions with issues and providing a better visual cue on the save for later function.
May 19, 2017
- Fixed an issue that prevented a user from editing a review form's assignments where one author or signer had since been deactivated.
- Provided for fallback option to log in and reset password for any user's email address that may include trailing space(s).
- Fixed a bug in collected status report for display of multiple choice answers.
- Fixed a typo for administrators when viewing if a user has been sent a PerformYard invitation.
April 19, 2017
- Release the ability for Administrators to redact author names from reviews such that the review subject and their management does not see the name of the review's author. Read more about that feature here.
- Modified the settings for selections of data fields for the organizational chart when the directory has been disabled.
- Fixed an issue where sending back a review form to a signer was showing the last author's name instead of the signer's name.
- Fixed an issue where double clicking to start a review cycle may have resulted in a duplicate cycle.
March 20, 2017
- Released update to permission structure to include Basic Administrator level. Find more information about Basic Administrators here.
February 6, 2017
- Added a single-click zip file download for an employee's documents folder.
- Added review and cycle name to the standard review forms report.
- Updated daily event notification to include forms completed about you and goals due in two weeks; fixed an issue were the weekly digest may have counted review forms as available to be worked on when in fact they were scheduled to start in the future.
- Updated pie charts in review cycle reporting to exclude closed reviews from counting as completed.
- Fixed an issue where certain "as of" data field updates may have been attributed to the day after the intended entry.
- Fixed an issue where a private goal could be created with an alignment.
December 7, 2016
- Added percent completion metrics for authors and signers to Cycle CSV and Forms Report CSV to provide more detailed insight into the completion progress of each review form.
- Introduced a new CSV export of all recognition given to all employees from the Administration-Employee list. This CSV can then be sorted/filtered by recipient employee, authoring employee or date.
- Created a single review PDF that includes all forms completed as part of the review rather than requiring PDF export for each form individually. This PDF will include all review data available to the user downloading it.
- Added an indication to the All Reviews list to signify if a review is part of a review cycle and, if so, which one.
- Added "Effective Date" and "Comment" to the Recent Changes CSV export for data field updates.
- Expanded the search capabilities of the directory to include all data fields that are displayed to allow for more detailed filtering of the employee list based on more information. Added full text of the data field by hovering on the directory.
- Updated goal export CSV files to include goal creation date.
- Fixed an issue that may have prevented Group Administrators from fully managing reviews and review cycles for those groups that they manage.
July 20, 2016
- Introduced "Close Review" feature where an administrator or manager can now close any review that has not already been completed. All outstanding assignments are preserved, though closed review forms no longer appear on an employee's dashboard, in the "Forms I Need to Do" list or in email notifications. A closed review can be re-opened if necessary; closed review forms can still be completed if employees navigate to them.
Introduced "Close Cycle" feature where an administrator may close an incomplete review cycle, which will close each review in that cycle and mark the cycle as 100% complete regardless of if all forms were actually completed.
Fixed an issue in the weekly digest where the number of overdue forms or forms available to complete were not always included.
Updated the weekly digest notification to limit the notification period for overdue reviews, goals and status reports, or unread goal updates to a maximum of 28 days.
July 7, 2016
- Updated searchable employee pickers, used in locations around PerformYard such as when assigning a manager or a review participant, to include up to 500 employees.
- Added visibility indicators on employee and company documents, displaying for users if the document is available for the subject employee or management (in the case of employee documents) or all employees (in the case of company documents).
- Added indicators to reports where an employee's assigned manager has been deactivated.
June 24, 2009
- Fixed an issue where Group designation may not have appeared when editing an employee's profile.
June 9, 2016
- Introduced a new overlay window after a user has created a goal, providing links for what to do next - either view the goal created, create another or return to the user's goal list.
May 31, 2016
- Created additional permissions related to managing goals where an organization can allow employees to delete their own goals and/or managers to delete the goals of their team members.
- Created an option to set the default for newly created goals to be private.
- Added a "Select all active goals" button for selecting goals to be included in a review; this single click action will include all the subject employee's active goals, which can then be removed individually (or added to using the "Choose a goal" function).
- Added the option to include Private goals in the list of goals available at the Company level for administrators (with an indicator); also included these goals in the export where appropriate.
- Added new notifications for employees when a manager creates a goal for them (and for a manager when a team member creates a new goal).
- Fixed an issue where a goal could be too easily duplicated by clearing the inputs in a new goal form once a goal has been created.
- Fixed an issue where the Options dropdown within a goal was not responsive depending on exactly where the user clicked.
March 16, 2016
- Updated the methodology for selecting goals to be included in a review form. Users will now be presented with a full list of employee's active goals, with options to view Archived and Completed goals. Functionality includes filter by category and search by name.
- Introduced "Dual View" for completing review forms where employees can view two forms within the same review in a side-by-side manner, to allow for completing the form in the left pane while viewing information from another form in the right pane.
- Enabled selection of All Employees or groups of employees when creating a goal for multiple users.
- Updated font weight for reviews for additional clarity in viewing.
December 21, 2015
- Updated goal selection drop-downs for selecting goals in reviews or for alignment to include goal status and creation date.
December 18, 2015.
- Update the view for an employee's to-dos to show the name of the workflow subject first in the workflow name. Also enabled hover text to show the full workflow name.
- Fixed an issue that may have resulted in the inaccessibility of goals in reviews where multiple employees have the same name.
December 15, 2015
- Fixed an issue where deactivating a user did not necessarily archive that individual's goals.
- Fixed an issue where using the browser back button may have resulted in an error when returning to a list that had been filtered.
December 2, 2015
- Fixed an issue related to error handling for entering non-numeric characters into answers using goal discussion questions with scoring.
November 18, 2015
- Fixed an issue where decimal places in goal updates were not always displayed as entered when viewing a goal.
- Fixed an issue where calculations on rating scale questions in externally completed reviews were not always scoring correctly.
November 2, 2015
- Fixed an issue related to permissions for documents uploaded using new multi-document capability.
- Updated and made consistent across application the terms author and signer when setting up and viewing review forms.
October 13, 2015
- Fixed an issue where recognition given from a mobile device may not have posted.
- Updated the confirmation box and redirect when an administrator deletes a review form when viewing the form itself.
- Added placeholder text to Add Form function.
October 8, 2015
- Fixed an issue where some review forms may not have appeared in an unfiltered list of Forms I Need to Do based on large numbers of forms with the same due date parameters.
- Updated the interface to better display data in open text data fields.
September 16, 2015
- Released an update to individual and company documents to allow for uploading multiple documents at once. Update also allows for drag and drop functionality for document uploads (*browser dependent).
- Added CSV download functionality to personal and my team goal lists.
- Fixed an issue where an inaccessible review cycle link had been displayed when viewing a review.
September 1, 2015
- Fixed an issue where the review Send Back option was persisting after the completion of a review form.
August 24, 2015
- Released an update to Review Cycles to allow for adding employees to a cycle with a different start date than the original set of employees.
- Updated layout for review forms to always show form authors and signers, making Send Back function availability clearer to users.
- Fixed an issue on the dashboard calendar where not all author and/or signer due dates for review forms were appearing.
July 16, 2015
Released an update to data field permissions to allow for manager-level permissions that include or exclude the subject employee. In addition to prior options, these include new choices to have data fields visible to and/or editable by:
- Employee, Manager & Admins
- Manager & Admins
- Fixed an issue where a deactivated user’s goals were still appearing as active and available to be updated.
- Modified the dashboard language for Goal Progress and Current Goal Outlook to state “No goal information to display” where the dashboard subject does not have any goals or where goals are not visible to the viewer.
June 29, 2015
- Fixed an issue where using the Tab button to move between data fields in electronic signature process did not always re-focus the cursor depending on entry type.
June 25, 2015
- Released Performance Graph functionality to enable trend graphing for individual and group ratings from past reviews.
- Released form assignments summary table that details the number of outstanding review forms that any individual has to complete based on if they are currently assigned as author or signer, if they are in line as a future author/signer and if any of their forms are overdue.
- Updated Reviews menu options under Company Info to reflect additional functionality.
- Updated Add Form functionality to allow for creating multiple forms for different authors at the same time via a check box.
- Fixed an issue related to specific PDF formats that impacted the ability to finalize electronic signatures.
- Expanded the data entry field areas for electronic signature request forms to better account for small-width fields.
June 9, 2015
- Fixed an issue when editing an employee's profile that occurred in versions of Internet Explorer where empty date fields were completed with the current date.
June 3, 2015
- Fixed an issue when using the Forms Report in versions of Internet Explorer where the browser was adding in the current date into certain date related fields.
May 1, 2015
- Reformatted non-administrative pages to re-size and re-format appropriately for smartphones, tablets and lower resolutions
- Updated dashboard to show direct reports in addition to manager, where appropriate
- Introduced an export to CSV for company goal lists that includes fields such as assignment, name, description, progress, category and outlook, among others
- Updated goal lists to show overall percentage completion in addition to graphical representation of progress
- Added new filter options on the company goal list for alignment and goal level in the goal tree
- Added new filter options on the employee goal list for alignment, category and outlook
- Enhanced hover tooltip for goals to include goal categories
- Enhancement to include private goals in goal discussions; private goals can only be added to a review when all authors are permitted to view the private goal (e.g. manager, sharers)
- Added an option to hide the activity stream when viewing a single goal
- Included administrative options for goals to provide Goal Overview and Goal Tree to all employees
- Updated various tables and lists for format consistency, moving filters and sorts to a separate menu option rather than in the column header of a table
Created new event notifications for:
- Recognition received
- Recognition that direct reports have received
- Status report submitted by a direct report
- Status report commented on by a manager
- Fixed an issue whereby a user could only export recognition received
April 24, 2015
- Released a new update to reviews functionality to allow for multiple authors and signers
- Updated review template creation to enable multiple authors and signers
- Updated template assigning for a single review
- Updated parameters to edit an assigned review form
- Updated timing for review start and due dates
- Revised appearance of a review form when completing to display additional authors and signers
- Updated "send back" feature in review forms to account for additional authors and signers
- Revised standard Forms Report to display additional authors and signers
- Enabled changes to review cycles to account for authors and signers
- Updated cycle assignment and cycle editing
- Enabled new graphical reporting for review cycle progress tracking
- Revised review-related notifications
- Updated notification for status report submission
April 8, 2015
- Released new feature called Recognition that allows an employee to publicly "recognize" any other employee.
- Added Recognition to the employee dashboard where you will see recent recognition received.
- Added Recognition page for each employee to see recognition given and received.
- Updated action icon in the lower right corner to enable a choice between Recognition and Notes.
April 1, 2015
- Released an updated PerformYard dashboard to include:
- Updated activity calendar
- New activity stream for individual, team and organization
- Goal progress and outlook summaries
- New outstanding items list broken down by to-dos, review forms and status reports
March 10, 2015
- Released a significant update to our Goals functionality that included concepts such as cascading of goals via alignment between individual goals, as of dates in updates, goal outlooks, goal categorization, revised target setting and a series of administrative views (overview, tree and list).
- Updated the style of the goal details page, streamlining display and inputs. Introduced a printable view of the goal details page.
- Updated individual and team goal lists to include search/filter options and new summary graphics.
- Modified the Goals in Reviews functionality to utilize new options created by revised goal concepts.
February 4, 2015
- Released a new rating scale question type for reviews that includes a scale point to be chosen, a corresponding value (to be used in numeric calculations) and a definition of the scale point
- Fixed an issue where administrators may not have been able to add signature requests to existing workflows.
February 3, 2015
- Fixed an issue where electronic signatures may be placed incorrectly for PDF documents of non-standard paper sizes.
January 31, 2015
- Introduced the Welcome Page for new users that is automatically displayed on first login for the initial 24 hours. The Welcome Page is also available from the dashboard for any user.
- Enabled Welcome Page content to be managed by administrators where they can select which sections of content appear and the content of each section to support new employee onboarding and new user adoption.
- Introduced a PerformYard tutorial for new clients whereby they are provided with multi-stage content that assists in the configuration of PerformYard. This content walks through many items that require setup including images, GIFs and links.
- Fixed an issue where profile picture upload in certain browsers was not displaying the new photo and uploading properly.
January 15, 2015
- Released a goal tooltip that will appear when users hover over a link to a goal. This tooltip provides current data for the goal including status, assignee, description, due date and date of last update.
January 14, 2015
- Enhanced electronic signature functionality to allow for data fields to be added to Signature Request templates. With this functionality, a template may include a data field from the PerformYard HRIS in a template whereby a requested signer can edit the value of that data field.
- Update document storage capability for more efficient save and retrieval.
- Updated group employee lists to re-size on various screen widths.
- Created employee tooltip that will appear when a user hovers over a link to another employee to provide basic details about a user.
- Enhanced error message display for 403, 404 and 500-type errors.
January 8, 2015
- Updated details layout in the event that company administrator re-names standard "job title" field.
December 29, 2014
- Fixed an issue where a Company Status Report may not have been viewable for all users.
- Removed an erroneous hyperlink from group-specific status reports.
December 19, 2014
- Resolved an issue where certain types of reviews that included specific goal discussion types may not have been available to complete after content had been saved.
December 8, 2014
- Optimized page loading for groups and new reports in companies with over 100 employees.
December 4, 2014
- Fixed an issue where filtered notes links may appear when administrator has disabled Notes feature for an organization.
December 3, 2014
- Released Notes feature to allow users to take personal Notes via a new icon in the lower right, replacing Feedback.
- Added ability to view, filter and export all Notes.
- Added optional feature to enable scoring and weighting of individual goals in reviews via Goal Discussion.
- Released a new style for adding and editing questions in review form and status reports.
- Added To-Do Report to the Reports list that details the status for every To Do assigned via the Workflow function. This report includes a CSV export.
- Added CSV export capabilities to Forms Report and Recent Changes Report.
- Fixed visibility of an inoperable button that appeared to let users delete documents they did not have permission to delete.
- Updated Goal Creation wizard to allow for Goal Alignment in the wizard.
- Made update to preserve whitespace in review comments.
November 20, 2014
- Made an update to preserve whitespace in goal descriptions.
November 19, 2014
- Updated Goal Discussion feature in review forms to allow users to set up Goal Discussions like other question types and place multiple goal discussions anywhere in a review form.
- Updated Goal Creation in a similar fashion to Goal Discussion as a question type that could be placed in multiple locations in a form.
- Released a new style for review forms to include easier navigation and clarity of questions & instructions.
- Fixed an issue where Min/Max and Integer instructions may not have appeared for numeric questions in review forms.
- Updated menu style for managing actions (e.g. save, preview) for review forms and status reports.
- Added Preview as PDF option for review forms and status reports.
- Fixed an issue where the timescale for a graph on a completed goal was extending beyond the complete date.
- Fixed an issue where a goal that achieved over 100% completion was not displaying the full value.
November 12, 2014
- Fixed a date issue where notifications were not generated for certain actions that occurred after 12 PM Eastern.
November 5, 2014
Released Signature Requests extension to Workflows functionality to include:
- Ability for administrators to create Signature Request Templates, associate those templates with Workflow Templates and assign such Workflow templates to employees.
- Ability for one or more users to sign documents with an audit trail as part of an assigned Workflow.
- Updated layout for Workflows and To-Do lists to account for new Signature Request feature.
- Updated layout of My Documents to include Signed Documents folder to store completed signature requests.
- Modified layout of Company Documents page where administrators delete or edit company documents.
November 3, 2014
- Added hover text for long workflow names on the To Do page for an employee.
September 12, 2014
- Add functionality to copy review forms. The "Save as Copy" button will save changes made to a review form into a new review form that will be labeled as a copy.
- Fixed an issue where group status reports for newly created groups may not be enabled properly.
September 5, 2014
- Enhanced the permissions of Group Administrators to view Collected Reports for their groups. Also added access for Group Administrators to goals for members of the groups they manage.
- Updated the event notification to include notifying employees when a goal is shared with them and when a status report has received comments.
- Updated the Workflow template editor to make the Actor field a searchable box as opposed to a scrollable list.
- Updated the date picker for both assigning and creating new goals.
- Added additional clarification text to the Feedback function to better describe the intent of that feature.
- Fixed an issue that may have prevented new profile photos from being uploaded.
- Modified the footer text of notification emails.
August 6, 2014
- Released a PDF for “View All Answers” in an employee review.
- Released the ability for administrators to change visibility of review forms to the subject after the review has been created.
- Released an update to the progress graph within a goal to scale based on the due date where one exists; also updated graph to allow for user-selected timescales.
- Added birthday and hire date anniversaries to the calendar for employees and managers.
- Updated collected reports to alleviate potential confusion on numeric answers where the question was skipped.
- Updated rounding for calculated questions in review forms.
- Fixed an issue that allowed for administrators to start a review cycle in the past.
- Updated “View All Answers” report for a review where question subtext was not displaying properly for all question types.
July 23, 2014
- Released the ability for administrators to "turn off" certain PerformYard functionality for all users across their organization.
- Released a new Review Forms report that lists all review forms, across any review, including author, subject, sign off, due date and completion date; this report is also sortable/filterable based on a number of criteria.
- Released the ability for managers to comment on status reports, including indicators for employees where comments have been made.
- Released new "collected" status reports for administrators that consolidate all answers across the organization or group into a single report.
- Implemented the ability in both workflows and review templates to specify a user in addition to options such as employee, manager or other.
- Updated the navigation options when looking at a user's review to make it clearer how to access a review form and to edit its properties.
- Added the ability to specify date ranges to the Recent Changes report for updates to employee data.
- Fixed an issue where CSV outputs from review cycles may not include answers from date-type questions.
- Fixed an issue where changing a numeric review question from integer only to decimal may not have saved.
- Fixed an issue where goals deleted by an administrator may still appear in team goal lists or on a user's dashboard.
July 16, 2014
- Released a new administrator notification where administrators will receive a weekly email that includes where changes to employee data fields were made. These are based on the tag “notify” for data fields. Accompanying this notification is a Recent Changes report that lists all field changes made to employee data.
- Updated administrator abilities to edit, change and delete most standard data fields.
- Released goal delete for administrators on archived individual and company goals.
- Released an updated date picker that now includes user ability to type in a date using multiple accepted formats such as MM/DD/YYYY or Month Day, Year.
- Updated Add New Form functionality for reviews to assign multiple reviewers the same form at the same time.
- Fixed an issue with review cycle start dates that may have resulted in future reviews being assigned to start on the day the cycle was created.
- Fixed an issue with calculated questions in external review forms where calculations may not have updated.
- Added the ability for Group Administrators to send back completed review forms; fixed the ability for Group Administrators to download PDFs of completed review forms.
July 2, 2014
- Released “numeric calculation” questions in reviews where in building a review form, you can select to create calculation-type questions based on other numeric questions. These can be averages or sums, weighted or non-weighted, and will calculate when a review form is saved for later or submitted.
- Released the ability to customize the Organization Chart and Directory where Administrators can now select up to four fields for the Directory and two fields for the Organization Chart.
- Released an update to the CSV upload function making it clearer how fields map from your CSV file to PerformYard fields.
- Fixed an issue in the administration-employee list regarding showing or hiding deactivated users where previously the wording or display may not change appropriately.
- Fixed a potential issue with deleting a Group where previously-submitted Group status reports may not be available to be viewed once the group was deleted.
- Fixed error handling on creating workflows that may have occurred when a workflow was created with incomplete to-do names or days to complete.
- Updated language for Event Notifications and Weekly Digest to reflect that notifications also include updates on workflow to-dos being assigned, due or overdue.
June 27, 2014
- Fixed an issue where company or group status reports would not reflect changes made in subsequent reports. Also fixed a potential issue when enabling a report for the first time.
June 17, 2014
- Released new "External Forms" feature allowing users with appropriate permissions to invite via email external participants in employee reviews; these external forms may be designated as such in a Review Template and added once a review is created.
- Released CSV download functionality for reviews and review cycles where review answers can be exported to CSV.
- Released "View All Answers" report for an individual's review where Administrators or Managers can see a consolidated view of all review forms that have been completed.
- Released update to Group Administration whereby a user designated as a Group Admin is able to view status reports and reviews for any user of the group they administer; further, Group Admin may edit the Group Status Report and its frequency.
- Changed Company Documents link to resources with the introduction of Company Links. In addition to documents, Administrators can now specify pertinent Internet hyperlinks. The Resources page now includes both Documents and Links, where the most used documents and links appear, along with access to all documents and links.
- Updated Event and Weekly Digest notifications to include workflow to-dos. These now include notifications being assigned, due, outstanding or overdue.