Templates are the workflows of forms that are assigned as part of a review. A template may include just one review form or may include multiple forms that are filled out and signed off by different people. To create and manage templates, navigate to the Reviews page in Administration and select Templates. In the Templates list, you will see every review template for your organization, along with when that template was last updated and the number of forms used in the template.
To edit an existing template, click on the name of that template; to create a new template, click New Template. At the top of the page, you can edit the name of the template. You will then be able to start adding or managing forms in the template. A template that has already been started appears below.
You will then see an Options menu in the upper right where you can:
- Save your template
- Add a form to the template
- Add an external form to the template
- Delete the template
To add a form, click Add Form under the Options menu or use the Add Form button on the left. This will open the add/edit pane on the right hand side. This same pane will appear if you edit an existing form in a template. All forms that are part of a template will be listed on the left.
- Select the form to be in the template. Start typing the form name to find it.
- Add who will complete the form – there are available options for Employee being reviewed, Employee’s Manager, Other Employee or Manager’s Manager, Direct Reports, plus any specific employee. You’ll typically use a placeholder role rather than a specific person in a template unless that same person will do the same thing in every review. You can add multiple users or placeholders here.
- Add who will sign the form using the same options from who completes the form; here you can also have multiple signers.
- Identify how many days the author(s) will have until the form is due.
- Identify how many additional days the signer(s) will have until the form is due. Note that signer days are added on to the author days when the template is assigned.
- Select if the form is visible to the subject employee after the form is filled out and signed. Ensure the box is not checked if you want to hide the form from the employee. However, if the employee is an author or signer, he/she will have access to it.
To add an external form, click Add External Form under the options menu. An external form in a template is a placeholder to where you can have someone without a PerformYard account weigh in on a review. When adding to a template, you must select the form, but can leave the other options (who, email address and message) blank and fill those in when the review is assigned. Note that external forms in a template will have a slightly different formatting.
Once you have finished the template, click Save. Then return to your template list by clicking Back to Review Templates.