Your organization has the ability to create as many review forms as you need to conduct the various types of reviews that you want. To create and manage forms, navigate to the Reviews page in Administration. You'll see two list options - Forms and Templates. Selecting Forms you will see every review form for your organization, along with when that form was last updated and the number of questions in the form.
To edit an existing form, click the form name. To create a new form, click New Form. At this point, you will be editing or creating a new review form. You can name or re-name your form in the upper left. You will also see which templates, if any, this review form is used in.
To add a question, click Add Question and follow the wizard, starting with selecting the question type. There are 8 types of questions, plus the ability to add instruction text specific to that question. These question types are:
- Rating scale - Questions where employees select from a pre-defined list, but where each point on the scale is converted into a numeric value such that it can be used in a Numeric calculation
- Goal discussion - Provides the option for employees to select one or more of the subject's goals and discuss their achievement; may also include the option to rate performance on the goal
- Goal creation - Allows the employee to create new goals for the subject employees one and a time
Numeric calculation - Questions that are automatically answered by addition or average calculations on other Numeric questions
This article describes each of the question types in depth along with images of how to set them up and what they look like in use. You can also learn more about specifically adding goal information to a review form by going to this article.
To the right of a question you will find a set of actions to manage the question under Controls. The controls menu includes options to Edit, Copy and Delete the question. Next to the controls is a caret that opens up the full properties for the question. You also have the ability to re-order questions by using the grippers and dragging the question to a new location.
The left-hand menu has a number of options beneath the Save button. These include:
- Preview As PDF - Allows you to download a PDF version of the preview for ease of review and sharing.
- Preview - Allows you to view an on-screen preview of the form
- Save As Copy - Enabled you to duplicate the form. A copy will be saved with (Copy) appended to the name, which you can then update when editing that form
- Save Form - Like the green button above, saves the current state of the form
- Delete Form - Removes the form from PerformYard
An example of the preview appears below.