Groups in PerformYard are collections of employees with common organizational characteristics. Groups are used in a few ways as shortcuts to executing processes for multiple, similar people:
- To assign review cycles to a common group
- To assign a specific status report (set of questions/frequency)
- To assign the same goal to multiple people
To manage groups, navigate to the Groups link within the Administration menu.
To create a new group, click Add Group and provide a name for your new group.
- Edit the group name, by clicking Edit Group
- Add employees to the group, by clicking Add Employees and selecting those folks to put into the group (note: this may result in removing a user from another group)
- Removing a user from the group by clicking the X to the right of the employee's title
- Manage the group's status report, under the Status Report tab